I offer extensive experience and advantage of handling employment discrimination cases and other employment issues for both employees and small employers with up to 100 employees.
I have defended employers and represented employees in discrimination matters, including race discrimination, age discrimination, sexual discrimination, disability discrimination and retaliation.
I have assisted employees and employers in negotiating drafting and reviewing employment agreements, including non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, employment termination agreements, severance agreements, and breach of employment contracts.
Federal Court admissions:
- Admitted to Federal Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Prior legal employment:
- Marcus & Hoffman, Attorney
- Daly & Associates, Attorney
- H.E.R.E. Local 274, In-house Counsel
- Mission statement
- Honors and Awards
- Specific experience
I provide support and counsel to clients facing difficult work related challenges, such as employee discipline, performance improvement, discrimination or termination.
Whether representing the client as a behind-the-scenes adviser, up-front negotiator or as litigator, I always remain focused on the clients’ wants and needs while striving to deliver the best possible results.
- “The Important Distinction Between Independent Contractor and Employee.”
- M&H Newsletter; Issue 16; June 2010
- “Holiday Decorations in Community Associations”
- M&H Newsletter; Issue 11, December, 2009
”The Fair Housing Act and 55+ Communities”
- M&H Newsletter; Issue 3, February 2009
Lecturer “Employment Law Update”
- Delaware County Young Lawyers Annual meeting
- Service Award; Media Borough Council
- Service Award: Media Borough Environmental Advisory Council
- Special Recognition Award: Media Business Authority
- Special Recognition Award: Media Streetscape Project
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Member of Community Outreach Committee and Employment Law Committee
- Successfully arbitrated a wrongful termination case and was able to retain a waitress’s job with full back pay in labor arbitration at American Arbitration Association
- Successfully litigated an age discrimination case in the Eastern District of PA resulting in three figure verdict
- Successfully litigated and renegotiated an employment contract enabling client to retain employment without being subjected to a restrictive non-compete agreement.
At the beginning of your case, I will help you with an economic assessment of the case so you can best decide whether to litigate or negotiate the matter.
In the end you will make all decisions about your employment law case. I make sure that you make informed decisions.
- Pennsylvania, admitted to Bar in 1994 (Primary state of practice)
- New Jersey, admitted to Bar in 1994
- Widener University School of Law 1993
- Fairfield University 1987, Major in Economics/Spanish, Cum Laude